Top 5 Washing Machine in Singapore
A washing machine is more of a necessity than anything else for many families. To keep your laundry clean and dry without applying physical strength, a washing machine is irreplaceable. Using washing machines to do your laundry is a more traditional way of washing clothes as opposed to dry cleaning where alternative cleaning fluids are used. Washing machines simply use water and detergent to clean your clothes.
It is not a small appliance that can be easily replaced so, be cautious before buying a washing machine for your home. A quality washing machine can provide you with years of service, even for a lifetime. To enlighten you about the washing machines available in the market, we picked out these five products.
1) Samsung WD17N7550KV/FQ Front Load Washer Dryer
This washing machine from Samsung comes with an auto dispenser that can automatically dispense the perfect amount of detergent and softener depending on the load of your laundry. A normal usage should last the dispenser compartment for a month so you would not need to refill it every day. It also has an auto wash cycle that can detect how soiled your laundry is and generates the amount of water accordingly and also adjusts the washing time. It is one of the smartest washing machines in the market.
The AddWash door lets you add any cloth you forgot to put in. Along with AddWash, Air Wash technology is also available that removes any unpleasant smell from your clothes. For a premium cloth washing experience, this washing machine is simply unavoidable. The price can seem a bit high, but it is worth it.
Price: S$2500 range
2) Toshiba TWD-BH90W4S 8/8KG Washer cum Dryer
With its sleek design come the features of:
- An integrated sensor that can measure the load of the laundry and calculate the optimal amount of detergent needed for washing
- An impeller included in the detergent drawer increases the dissolution of detergent by 20%, which calls for more efficient cleaning
- 70% of energy can be saved with the Cold Wash technology. It cleans your laundry at a 40-degree temperature
- The flush wave technology can detect the required amount of rotate speed to generate strong and dynamic water flow
Price: S$2000 range
3) LG TWC1408H3E Washer cum Dryer
This modern washer from LG has a twin wash technology. Separate washers for your separate cloth items, the front-loading top washer for your regular clothes and the separate top-loading washer on the bottom deck for your delicates. This twin washer is great for time-saving as you can do two sets of laundry at once.
True Steam technology improves your health by activating Allergy Care and Steam Refresh. The 6 Motion Direct Drive technology moves the wash drum in multiple directions to get the clothes cleaned more properly. The Inverter Direct Drive motors improve the washing, lessen the noise and reduce energy consumption. If you are looking for a time-saving and energy-saving washing machine for your household, consider this impressive piece of product.
Price: S$1200 range
4) Electrolux EWF-7525EQWA 7.5 KG Front Load Washer
This machine offers some impressive features at mid-range pricing. The Vapor Care Technology of Electrolux ensures each wash with a gentle whoosh of vapor to reduce wrinkles in your laundry. It also reduces allergen and germ to keep your clothes hygienic. The dedicated Wool cycle allows you to preserve your woolens with minimum felting. The Add Clothes function gives you the chance of adding your forgotten clothes up to 15 minutes after the machine starts washing.
Price: S$500 range
5) Panasonic NA-F75S7HRQ 7.5KG Washing Machine
Suitable for anyone, this budget washing machine comes with an aqua spin rinse that generates a powerful shower of water to minimize water usage. Along with water, fast washing reduces energy consumption as well. So your electricity bill will not skyrocket after you buy this machine. Its triple motion water flow thoroughly removes the dirt from fiber. Its easy-to-use standard control panel is appropriate for anyone to operate. So if you want something simple and only care about getting your clothes clean at a lower price, this is the perfect laundry room companion for you.
Price: S$300 range
Though we have covered the top 5, here are the bonus we would like to share with you.
6) Samsung Fully Auto Top Load Washer
This washing machine from Samsung has an ActiveWash+ system which includes a dedicated sink where you can easily hand-wash your delicate laundry or pre-wash clothes with heavy stains or soils. The innovative Wobble technology from Samsung ensures a dynamic washing flow that hit from multiple directions to thoroughly clean your laundry while being gentle on the fabric. The Diamond Drum inside the washer gives it a unique diamond-shaped ridge that prevents the clothes from being damaged in any way. It is equipped with a magic dispenser that ensures no residual detergent on your clothes. The dispenser helps create a water vortex that easily dissolves the detergent before your wash cycle even begins.
The lid of the washing machine is made of glass, which gives you a clear view of the ongoing wash cycle inside. The machine has a Magic Filter that gathers any lint or particles that comes out of the clothes to keep them clean while keeping the drainage from being clogged.
Price: S$400 range
7) Midea Fully Auto Top Load Washing Machine
This washing machine from Midea uses Pulsator Wash technology to thoroughly clean your dirty laundry. The Water Magic Cube design generates a multi-directional water ﬂow that ensures a better wash quality. There is a digital LED display to keep you updated about the status of your wash cycle. It is equipped with a quick wash feature that allows a faster cleaning in case you’re in a hurry. It has 6 different wash programs to help your different requirements. The advanced Magic Filter in this machine prevents any lint or detergent residue from lingering on your clothes.
Its Soft Touch Tub keeps your clothes safe from vicious wash cycles that can remove even the hardest stains. It also has an auto power-off system that reduces energy consumption. So if you’re looking for a machine that is both consistent in getting the dirt out of your clothes while being gentle, don’t forget to check out this product.
Price: S$200 range
Maintenance Guide for Washing Machines
Your clothes washing appliances requires washing itself. As we have said before, it is not a minor product to be replaced easily. It is a major investment and you should be able to acquire as much service from it as you can. Here are some tips to maintain your washing machine for a long time:
- Do not overload your machine with clothes as it can damage the washer.
- Check the hoses now and then to make sure there are not any cracks or tears present.
- Every month or so, run a cycle with just warm water, white vinegar, and some detergent. This will clean the inside of your washer thoroughly.
- Wipe the outer portion and the washer door regularly to ensure the absence of dirt.
- After washing your laundry, keep the washer door open for some time. Otherwise, your machine can leave off an unpleasant odor.
- Remove the washed clothes from the dryer as soon as possible. Keeping wet clothes inside the washer for too long can cause mold to appear.
- If your machine does not have an automatic detergent dispenser, make sure to use the right amount of detergent for your every wash as too much detergent can leave residue on your laundry and cause your washer to be wearied out. Follow the instruction manual if needed.
To sum it up, for a major investment like a washing machine, it is important to consider all your options before deciding on a purchase. A smart purchase can serve your purpose for a long time. Choose a machine that is worth every penny you will spend. Hopefully, this article provided you enough information to help you with your upcoming washing machine shopping.