Plumbing service is something that you may need at any hour of the day. Water leakage or a clogged toilet in your HDB flat or high-rise condo? A trained plumber can instantly save the day. If you are looking for qualified plumbers in Singapore in case of an emergency or an upcoming project, you are in the right place. In this article, we will fill you in on all the basics regarding this service. Once you get the gist of it, you will be able to find the most suitable plumber according to your needs.
Types of Plumbing Services
Before we jump into further details, let us introduce you to the types of plumbing services available in Singapore. Take a look at how this works:
- Sewer Line Plumbing: This criterion combines all the works related to sanitary plumbing. Whether you need installation, repair or a change in the drainage system of your establishment, you will be opting for this service.
- Water Supply System Plumbing: For water leakage, clogged pipes, broken water heaters, overflowing sinks or any problem of this sort, you will be looking at a water supply system plumbing. Apart from these sudden hazards, you can also call for a plumbing service for installation, replacement or remodeling of water-related appliances.
DIY Plumbing or Hiring Professional Plumbers?
When it comes to plumbing issues at home, almost everyone has their fair share of experience. It is not uncommon for a homeowner in Singapore to try their DIY plumbing tricks to install a pipe or fix a small leakage. However, in most cases, the sheer horror stories come from a large number of inhabitants who have tested their improvised tricks in sanitary plumbing. In order to avoid such mishaps, you can always go for an expert plumber for ensuring a clean and healthy drainage and sewer line system.
In Singapore, only PUB licensed plumbers are eligible for drainage related services. If you hire one of these professionals, you can rely on their expertise and service without any hesitation. In addition, you will be guaranteed a repair or replacement if any failure occurs within the warranty period.
Up next is the sewer line plumbing. As proper sanitary maintenance is one of the most crucial factors to consider for a healthier home environment, you need to hire a professional and licensed plumber for this job. Expert plumbers come with their own equipment needed for inspection of the sewerage lines. They also have special cameras, lighting tools and other instruments required for the service. Considering all these aspects, you can probably get the idea of why it is always recommended to hand this job to a professional.
Factors to Consider while Hiring a Plumber
Before hiring a plumber, you may need to consult with your town council, especially if you live in an HDB flat. If they have a registered company on their list, you can take the service from them. You can also seek recommendations from the Income Home Service and proceed from there.
During the hiring process, get a clear idea about the expense. Ask them whether the transportation cost is included or not. Learn about any potential or hidden cost. Once you have hired the best service provider, try to supervise the work as much as possible. If you follow all these steps, you can expect a hassle-free, stress-free and satisfactory plumbing service.
Average Cost of Plumbing Services in Singapore
On average, the minimum cost of plumbing service in Singapore starts from $20 to $40. Usually, it covers small replacements of a sink, kitchen water tap, bathroom water tap, etc. If you need a service requiring more precision, you will be looking at a price range of $60 to $500.
Another factor that you need to consider is the service provider you are hiring. Cheap plumbing service is available in Singapore, but some companies charge a lot more due to their experience, expertise and guaranteed service quality. If you plan on small repairs or alterations, you can choose to lower your budget. For longevity and insurance-related coverage, a renowned and reputed plumbing company may be your best pick.
For a better view, check out this pricing chart:
|Plumbing Services||Service Charge in SGD|
|Toilet Bowl Installation/Repair/Replacement||$60 – $400|
|Basin Installation/Replacement||$40 – $180|
|Sink/Cistern Hose Replacement||$20 – $100|
|Tap Replacement||$60 – $200|
|Leaked Pipe Repair||$80 – $350|
|Hidden Leaked Pipe Repair||$120 – $500|
|Toilet Bowl Choking Repair||$60 – $300|
|Clear Floor Trap Choking||$40 – $180|
|Faulty Shower Replacement||$40 – $140|
|Water Heater Installation/Repair||$250 – $500|
Apart from the mentioned price range, many plumbing companies offer related services upon request. A strategic way to sort out this issue is by consulting with them beforehand. You may be able to avoid an unprofessional plumber, hidden charge, lack of warranty, etc. if you discuss the expense first.
Popular and Affordable Plumbing Services in Singapore
We have yet to open up our plumbing services discount offerings. However, in the meantime, we shall share with you the top 3 plumbing companies you can consider.
Now that you have a general concept of plumbing, here are some service providers for checking out:
- Greenwood Plumbing: Specializing in leak and choke related services, Greenwood Plumbing is one of the most experienced service providers in the region. Whether it concerns installation, repair or regular maintenance, the company is known for its top-notch workmanship. They also provide 24/7 emergency service, which further adds to their sincerity.
- SG Plumber: If exceptional finesse is what you are looking for, SG Plumber may come to your aid. Over the past 10 years, the plumbing company has gained a large client base due to their quality service. They also offer prompt response, emergency service, and affordable pricing.
- PS Plumber Singapore: Installation, repair, replacement- whatever your kitchen or bathroom needs, PS Plumber Singapore has the solution. The renowned plumbing company is the perfect choice if you are looking for reasonable pricing. Moreover, they provide insurance, which is a catch you do not want to miss.
To conclude, Singapore is home to some of the best plumbing service companies. If you are familiar with the pricing and facts to consider before hiring, you can expect a satisfactory service regarding this matter.