Personal Data Protection Policy
Your privacy is important to us. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out how SGTUB complies with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (PDPA). We also want you to understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out:
a. our policies on how we manage your Personal Data;
b. the types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain;
c. how we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data; and
d. the purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to us, the Organisation, and our authorised service providers and third parties to collect, use and disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data in the manner set forth in this Personal Data Protection Policy.
This Personal Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consent which you may have previously provided to us nor does it affect any right that we may have at law in connection with the collection, use, disclosure and/ or retention of your Personal Data.
From time to time, we may update this Personal Data Protection Policy to ensure that our Policy is consistent with developments and trends in the Labour Movement and/ or any regulatory changes. Should any revision(s) be made to this Personal Data Protection Policy, updates will be published on our public site (www.sgtub.com/pdpa). Subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy shall apply. This Personal Data Protection Policy forms a part of the terms and conditions governing your relationship with us and should be read in conjunction with such terms and conditions (Site Terms). In the event of any inconsistency between the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Policy and the Site Terms, the provisions of the Site Terms shall prevail.
1. Your Personal Data
In this Personal Data Protection Policy, (Personal Data) refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to:
a. your name, telephone number(s), email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in other forms of interaction with you;
b. information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/ or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views and traffic to and from our website
2. Collection of your Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
a. when you contact us using any of our form;
b. when you contact us via Email;
c. when you use our web app system;
d. when you access our website;
e. when you request that we contact you;
f. when you respond to our initiatives or promotions; and
g. when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously, but please see section 6 below on cookies.
3. Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, we may collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data for the following purposes:
a. to provide you with the services you require
b. for our partners to reach out to you for the purpose of providing you service
c. to assist you with your inquiries;
4. Marketing/ Optional Purposes
We may from time to time contact you to market our product or services, unless you have specifically inform us not to contact you for this purpose.
5. Disclosure of your Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following parties for the purposes mentioned above, subjected to the requirements of applicable laws:
a. our partners to provide you with the services you require
b. relevant government regulators, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any government authority;
1. We may collect or analyse anonymised information from which individuals cannot be identified (Aggregate Information), such as number of users and their frequency of use, the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our websites and common entry and exit points into our websites.
2. We make use of (cookies) to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our website(s). Such cookies are used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their online preferences.
3. Such aggregate Information collected may be used to assist us in analysing the usage of our website(s) so as to improve your online experience with us.
4. Should you wish to disable the cookies associated with these technologies you may do so by changing the setting on your browser. However, please note that this may affect the functionality of the website(s).
7. Third-Party Sites
1. Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties independent of the Organisation. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such websites operated by third parties even though it is linked to our website(s).
2. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party website(s) by checking the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
8. Protection of your Personal Data
1. We maintain appropriate security safeguards and practices to protect your Personal Data unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification disposal or similar risks, in accordance with applicable laws.
2. Withdrawal of Consent
a. If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use or disclosure of your Personal Data as set out in this Personal Data Protection Policy, you may contact us via www.sgtub.com/pdpa
b. Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your Personal Data, depending on the nature of your request, we may no longer be in a position to continue to provide services to you.
3. Contacting Us
a. If you have any questions or complaints relating to the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, or if you wish to know more about our data protection policies and practices, please contact our Data Protection Office via email at email@example.com